Over the years, numerous versions of SNATCHER were created for various gaming systems from PCs to the SONY PLAYSTATION. Each one utilizes each systems personal strengths and technology of the time to give each version a unique feel and experience. Some versions are very different while others feel like ports of previous versions. At this time the following official versions of SNATCHER exist:
• SNATCHER NEC PC-88 (1988)
• SNATCHER MSX2 (1988)
• SNATCHER Pilot Disk PC-Engine (1992)
• SNATCHER CD-ROMantic PC-Engine (1992)
• SNATCHER SEGA / MEGA CD (1994)*
• SNATCHER SEGA SATURN (1996)
• SNATCHER SONY PLAYSTATION (1996)
• SD SNATCHER MSX2 (1990)
* This is the only version to receive an official English translation.
Unfortunately, even with the popularity of digital media over the last few years increasing, there is no official digital release of the game on any downloadable network.
The SEGA Saturn and SONY Playstation versions are virtually identical in most ways, but there are some minor differences here or there within each game.